A newb's impression on the 1st week

HeavenOrHellHeavenOrHell Join Date: 2012-10-07 Member: 161756Members
Well, for starters, I from SG
So there are plenty of SG Servers but a server lack of player base and the players are mostly unresponsive and have not much teamwork.
And letting newbs comm is generally a no-no, epecially those without mics, so pretty much you see ejects and the frequent same old comms. Or just fustration for having a noob comm.
I'm pretty much disliking the SG crowd atm which is kinda sad.

Off I went to NA/AUS servers with my horrendous 300+ ping which can hit close to 500 during crazy huge clashes with Exos, GLs, Flamethrowers, Bile Bombs, Oni, Lerk Spores, Blinking Fades, etc.
But it was a completly opposite experience.
No matter how much I sucked in combat (pretty much I was only useful as a Gorge and was a complete crap as a Marine), there was teamwork and communication. (Nobody got mad at me for going 0 15 either)

Anyways, I can't wait for the Asian players to grow so I'm pretty much playing at other servers atm.
I haven't gotten to com yet and would like to though.........
Also, if there are any SGs who have teamwork and communication, we could play together.

I'm still a newb, despite the rookie tag removed so advice and tips are welcomed.
I have read and watch tons of NS2 vids and guides, etc. but theory is one thing, gameplay is another.

Comments

• XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yea, I reckon the EU and NA communities are a bit ahead in terms of maturity, since most beta players were American or European. Just give it time, I'm sure the other communities will catch up, it's definitely not an easy game for new players to get a grasp on right away.
  • MistenTHMistenTH Join Date: 2003-01-01 Member: 11706Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    There's about 4 SG servers that fill up every night, and quite a few vets have played through the beta, including me. Perhaps you got unlucky, but every game I joined has 2-3 other vets, and we spread out among both teams.

And because I'm one of them with a mic, I have been able to get my team to coordinate and pull together for a win. Just takes patience but it works. Both from commander perspective, or as NCO on the field.

Keep in mind there's a lot more beta players from the US, and they are more communicative by nature. But that doesn't mean we don't. Add me on steam, or join ns2sg group. I've met at least 10 good vets on the SG servers already, about a 1 to 6 ratio, so high chance of having them around to guide newbies.

I've also seen 5 or so returning NS1 clanners, so they know about teamwork, and communication, just that they are a bit rusty. Hang in there and keep playing, it will come.