How do I add friends?

guitarxeguitarxe Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166148Members
I can't figure out a way to add friends in the game... I want to add some friends that I think are good players so I can follow them around and learn from them. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited November 2012
    Same way you add friends in any other Steam game. Right click on Steam or go to the top of your Steam Library/Store/Community window, select Friends, and select Add Friends.

If you're in-game, you can Shift+Tab open the overlay and click Show Friends, then continue from there.
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2007375:date=Nov 2 2012, 05:22 PM:name=guitarxe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (guitarxe @ Nov 2 2012, 05:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2007375"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I can't figure out a way to add friends in the game... I want to add some friends that I think are good players so I can follow them around and learn from them. Is there a way to do this?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Press Shift + Tab (or whatever you bound it to) to open the steam overlay and click on view players. This will show the steam profiles for all the players in the game and you can friend to your heart's content.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Your friends can allso join your game, by rightclicking your name in the steamfriends list.