What are some good servers without clueless people?

guitarxeguitarxe Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166148Members
Past few days I've been playing have been great, found some experienced players that I can learn from, but today I'm playing and every time it's just... like people that probably have never ever played the game before and never watched any videos or read any tutorials and maybe are also bad at games...
It's not very fun for me to play with these people. What are some good servers I should try to get on that have good players?

Comments

• dethovudethovu Join Date: 2009-06-23 Member: 67906Members
    With the game just being released, there's going to be a ton of newbies.

But with that said, the whole "Rookie-friendly" server labeling doesn't really seem to be holding up right now. They're all over the non-rookie-friendly servers, too.
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Best thing to do is meet some clanners, and competitive players and follow them into games. Also join Gathers! For more info click<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=119466" target="_blank"> here</a>

In gathers you will meet a lot of good players, add them to your steam friends.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Non-UWE servers? I haven't really tried myself, I'm too busy tutoring, but you'd think that the old servers that are hosted by clans would have the highest percentage of vets.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well, it's a new game, with lots of new players, who of which havent played the game before. You really are being an intolerant ahole. Just becasue someone is new and bad shouldn't mean you have to get away from them. That way no one will learn. How about you try and help them? show some playes how to play? Be a good member of the community and help those who are new and need helping.
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2009039:date=Nov 3 2012, 06:51 PM:name=ellnic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ellnic @ Nov 3 2012, 06:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009039"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, it's a new game, with lots of new players, who of which havent played the game before. You really are being an intolerant ahole. Just becasue someone is new and bad shouldn't mean you have to get away from them. That way no one will learn. How about you try and help them? show some playes how to play? Be a good member of the community and help those who are new and need helping.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There is a limit to patience, some people buy the game to have fun not teach or treat it like a job.
  • Fat_Man_Little_CoatFat_Man_Little_Coat Join Date: 2003-12-02 Member: 23857Members
    I've logged on 600 hours, have made a tutorial in beta and am still find myself learning new things froms noobs from time to time. If youre playing with new players tell them what you know or take advantage and start learning how to com. New players have no idea what a golden opportunity it is right now to learn the comming. Everyone is new, everybody is learning and few people will be overly critical. So rather than learn from vets takr the initial s tep and start sharing what you know through the com chair. It will nake you a better pkayer by showing the strategy of each map and to understand the meta aspects of this game.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    <!--quoteo(post=2009039:date=Nov 4 2012, 05:51 AM:name=ellnic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ellnic @ Nov 4 2012, 05:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009039"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well, it's a new game, with lots of new players, who of which havent played the game before. You really are being an intolerant ahole. Just becasue someone is new and bad shouldn't mean you have to get away from them. That way no one will learn. How about you try and help them? show some playes how to play? Be a good member of the community and help those who are new and need helping.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wow! Haha, holy f**k, A-class overkill ladies and gentlemen! If someone is asking for servers with more experienced people because he considers playing with beginners "not very fun" that does NOT make him an intolerant ahole.

There's such a thing as being so nice you end up being horrible.
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    I went to the All-in server when it was busy and it was all greenies. I guess your best choice is to bring some friends and have fun stomping together.
  • ktimekillerktimekiller Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13958Members
    The primary complaint I have with new players is that they clearly have 100% ignored the GIANT TUTORIAL VIDEO prompt AND failed to look at the keybindings in the options and jumped into a game as a commander nose diving into fail land.
  • LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
    old clan servers survived from ns1.

if they are here until now, they are naturally selected the best of the best.
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I can't even get on my own servers :P Im thinking about locking 1 of them and handing the password out to regs around teh community that have a clue or people that want a clue.

Our TS3 info is 184.186.82.134 pass:ns2 feel free to come and learn.