Can't bind L key to anything

hapveghapveg Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167254Members
<div class="IPBDescription">L works in chat, but not for rebinding</div>Try to rebind the L key to anything, it won't work, just comes up blank, then resets to default when the binding window is closed.

The L key works in the chat, no clue why L would be treated differently than other keys.

L is a pretty handy key (it's used in the left handed version of WSAD).

Comments

• PlunkiesPlunkies Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165217Members
    Yeah I've had the same problem. Using autohotkey since I couldn't figure out how binding works in this game. None of my binds seem to change anything in the game even though it makes a bindings file.
  • Luke111Luke111 Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 170009Members
    Yeah same problem, play left handed, cant bind L to move backwards :( Works in every other HL2 based steam game. Is there a work around using console??
  • aetherwalkeraetherwalker Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 170090Members
    I have this issue as well. No programs running in the background that would possibly grab any keys before the game (such as auto-it scripts). All other keys seem to bind without issue
  • PolycottonPolycotton Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170296Members
    edited November 2012
    I have the same problem. I'm not left handed, I just use the same keys for strafing that I used when playing DooM so all my binds are around the < > keys.

I also can't bind scrollwheel up/down to anything either. I used to be able to do this no problem playing quake2 and every game that gets made these days doesn't seem to allow it.
  • MoogsiMoogsi Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172196Members
    I had the same issue.

If you bind two things to L in the gui then the boxes still turn red even though there is nothing in them.

I solved this by editing options.xml. You can put "L" between the tags of any command, e.g.,

<MoveRight>L</MoveRight>

I did it this way cos nothing I bind in the console has any effect.