Blink after-sound

minos_minos_ Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165722Members
I might be crazy, but I feel like the sound of whispering voices/spookiness that comes from the void after blinking is just silly loud. Like, to the point where I can't hear my commander on voice and I don't bother going fade unless we have silence. It could be something on my end affecting the sound mix, since I've not heard anyone else complain about this, but I can't hear my fade swipes while the after-effect is playing, and forget about trying to listen for footsteps. So tell me, am I crazy or has anyone else felt like this is a thing?

Comments

• Chuck_NorrisChuck_Norris Join Date: 2012-04-01 Member: 149779Members
    No you are not crazy!

I have this issue too.

If i'm fade and alive for 5-10 minutes this sound, which is usually stopped after blinking, keeps playing and drives me mad so i'm taking more risky moves to finally die.

Sooooo annoying and this is in the game for like 10 builds or more i guess.

But i actually thought i'm the only one having this issue.
  • ReubotReubot Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162374Members
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I was going to report this too. Very annoying. Plus it cuts out very suddenly. It's like it was meant to be a very subtle background ambience, but for some reason it gets pushed right on top of every other sound. Maybe it has something to do with the mysterious update before release, which was something like "NS2 is now 9dB louder". Just for the record, louder isn't always better.