duplex > wiry streaming \o/

wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
Hi, I'm going to be streaming while playing a few gathers today. Feel free to watch. :)

<a href="http://www.twitch.tv/wjiry" target="_blank">http://www.twitch.tv/wjiry</a>

Comments

• tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    edited November 2012
    ill watch a bit and leave the stream on when i go out in a bit :)

gotta say, this was basically my first time seeing 'comp level' comms and solo skill from the first person perspective... pretty impressive and more entertaining than high level tf2 and sc2 which i was watching before - where i grew extremely tired of 'same old' strategy in every game.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Then you'll basically grow tired of the alien strategy pretty fast here as well I guess. :)

Thanks for the kind words though! I'm here to entertain! :)
  • MangoMango Join Date: 2012-10-11 Member: 162061Members
    what is the password to enter your private server?
  • LtKramerLtKramer Join Date: 2012-10-08 Member: 161873Members
    You need to tell us when your streaming! (the other people in the gather). So we can behave properly :)
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    clearly cybernetic implant hacking going on here.
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    wiry streaming ftw!
    <!--quoteo(post=2015603:date=Nov 8 2012, 06:03 PM:name=LtKramer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LtKramer @ Nov 8 2012, 06:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2015603"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You need to tell us when your streaming! (the other people in the gather). So we can behave properly :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Haha, sorry. Well, fair warning. I think I've gotten everything set up as well as I can so that it doesn't lag my game THAT much, so there will probably be a lot of gather streaming in the future. :)

Although, I'm kind of trying to work out how Virtual Audio Cable is working so that I can exclude teamspeak for instance. The reason for this is that Swalk never behaves!

No, but. I think it works pretty well, and there will probably be a lot of streaming, fair warning gatherpeople! :>
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2015600:date=Nov 8 2012, 05:01 PM:name=wiry)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wiry @ Nov 8 2012, 05:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2015600"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Then you'll basically grow tired of the alien strategy pretty fast here as well I guess. :)

Thanks for the kind words though! I'm here to entertain! :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

no way.

comp tf2 has soooo many stalemate situations, where you have 6 people on each side just waiting... sometimes even comically looking at eachother through a roller door or window. then someone will make a move - like send a soldier in to try to force the other team's uber, if it fails then it's more stalemate.

even with the 6min onos, the strategy and play is totally dynamic - and watching your stream it still seemed like it was possible for marines to win. or at least there was interesting stuff happening in areas of the map where the onos was not.

you also have the interesting stealth possibilities which are very rare in tf2 because spy is so difficult/risky to play in 6v6.

then you have random spawn locations and multiple RT locations which force exciting 1v1, 1v2, 2v1 or 2v2 situations - which are also rare in TF2 because it's an unnecessary risk in tf2 where it's a necessary risk in NS2 (due to small and streamlined map design in TF2).

after watching high level TF2, i often feel that individual skill is insignificant compared to teamplay. but in NS2 it really seems possible to go nuts, win a 1v3 and win that side of the map for your team. in TF2 it's often winning a 1v3 but getting killed by the 4th guy and back to stalemate again :D
    Oh, I never really played TF2 competitevly so I wouldn't know. But for a game that is labeled "RTS(/FPS)" the strategy part isn't very prominent. But you make some good points however. :)
    damn, just watching the whole vod back now...

you're pretty beastly, now i feel like a massive nub... must... play... more... to... not... be.... a... nub...
    Thanks! Still going at it, been playing gathers for a few hours. come watch!
    Streaming today as well! come check it out.
  • SafewoodSafewood Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166381Members
    edited November 2012
    Either it's me or your stream is lagging quite a lot sometimes. If it's fine with anyone else, then would it be possible to add a 480p option in the stream?

Edit: Your shotgun play is friggin' amazing.
    A few people say it's lagging, but more say it's working good. I'm not sure what to think. I'll try to tweak a few settings I guess.

Also, thanks! :]