Bug - dropped lifeform eggs from shift disappears

d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
edited November 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">when lifeform is selected while player is spawning into it</div>I often spawn eggs from a shift and choose a lifeform to force people to spawn as that lifeform (forces people to spawn as onos/gorge rather than have unused eggs lying round the hive area). However, I noticed once I selected onos on a shift egg while a player in the spawn queue was just spawning into it. The onos egg vanished and I lost 75 tres in the process.

Usually it refunds the resources when this happens, and I'm pretty sure I've even seen it move the egg to a different location (i.e. puts onos in a different egg). But this time, I lost the res, and the onos egg was nowhere to be found even after scouring the entire map.

Is not a pressing issue. Haven't recreated it since so I assume most of the time it works. But it's still frustrating losing res to a lifeform that doesn't make the field.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to report this. I've seen bug reports in General Discussion before so figured I would post here.