New player

Onyx_KnightOnyx_Knight Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 169933Members
Well I started playing based off a friends recommendation, and I have to say I had a lot of fun, really well built game, was very entertaining.

Just want to point out one concern and has to be the solo play aspect of the game, it seems most games are either nearly full or have very few players in it, and I spend a lot of time trying to join games only to be kicked 50% of the time for no reason, rather frustrating when I spend 15+ minutes just trying to find a game.

Great game though

Comments

• TunskaTunska Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14176Members
    Nice that you are having fun so far. :)

Sounds weird that you are getting kicked. Could it be that your ping(latency) is very high? At least in NS1 many servers had ping limit set by admins. Also, maybe try find rookie friendly servers (green in server list). Or just be nice to people. :)
  • Onyx_KnightOnyx_Knight Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 169933Members
    Well I get kicked before I can even choose a side, and no, I dont choose any server with more than 150 ping
  • enhaxedenhaxed Join Date: 2011-01-03 Member: 76135Members
    Have you had a look at the NS log? It might help pinpoint what is going on when you get disconnected.

Are you getting any message when it happens? Does it actually say you were kicked?

Your best bet is to have a look at the troubleshooting information over in the technical support section of the forums <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showforum=108" target="_blank">here</a>.

From personal experience I can say that UWE tech support is very responsive and helpful.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Sounds like you are trying to join full servers.