[Non-Comm UI] Show researches in progress

buhehebuhehe Join Date: 2012-05-15 Member: 152140Members
When I play, I always wonder what the commander is upgrading at the moment.
This is particularly important as alien, since that knowledge might influence the form i'll decide to mutate into in the near future.

The only way to know that info is by aiming at hives, which is just annoying and time-wasting, or directly ask the commander.

I'd like to see on-going upgrades being shown on the players' UI, maybe when pressing TAB or B.

Comments

• SnæbjørnSnæbjørn Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154868Members
    I feel the same way.
    I'd also like to see how many hives/CCs and harversters/RTs are up.
  • ChaosXBeingChaosXBeing Join Date: 2012-10-12 Member: 162114Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2021381:date=Nov 12 2012, 06:58 PM:name=Snæbjørn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Snæbjørn @ Nov 12 2012, 06:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2021381"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'd also like to see how many hives/CCs and harversters/RTs are up.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you don't know how many Hives/CCs you have, blame your commander, because they're obviously not telling you what they're doing or where to defend or push.

As for Harvesters/Extractors, that's already on the UI. Under your Pres, there are little dots. Orange if you're an alien, blue if you're a marine. The number of dots is the number of Harvesters or Extractors you currently have.
  • LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    edited November 2012
    OK so its 9 minutes into a heavy resource marine game. The aliens just hit your base, taking out your advanced armory (but luckily the prototype lab had just gone up) and your commander is starting to unload his resources after a relatively stingy marine start.

He begins the following upgrades in short succession.
    Weapons level 3
    Armor level 3 (from a second arms lab)
    Advanced armory upgrade
    Shotgun upgrade (from an outpost armory)
    Exo suit research
    ARC Tech

Do you really want all of that on your screen?
  • buhehebuhehe Join Date: 2012-05-15 Member: 152140Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2021743:date=Nov 13 2012, 07:12 AM:name=Imbalanxd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Imbalanxd @ Nov 13 2012, 07:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2021743"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OK so its 9 minutes into a heavy resource marine game. The aliens just hit your base, taking out your advanced armory (but luckily the prototype lab had just gone up) and your commander is starting to unload his resources after a relatively stingy marine start.

He begins the following upgrades in short succession.
    Weapons level 3
    Armor level 3 (from a second arms lab)
    Advanced armory upgrade
    Shotgun upgrade (from an outpost armory)
    Exo suit research
    ARC Tech

Do you really want all of that on your screen?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Maybe you didn't read very well my post.

I didn't say that info should necessarily stay in the "main UI".
    It could be shown when pressing TAB, or B.
  • SnæbjørnSnæbjørn Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154868Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2021394:date=Nov 13 2012, 01:18 AM:name=ChaosXBeing)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChaosXBeing @ Nov 13 2012, 01:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2021394"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As for Harvesters/Extractors, that's already on the UI. Under your Pres, there are little dots. Orange if you're an alien, blue if you're a marine. The number of dots is the number of Harvesters or Extractors you currently have.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Ahh, so that's what they mean. Is that explained somewhere?
  • RMJRMJ Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155190Members
    It could be shown on the map screen, lots of room out in the sides, could show progress bars there.
  • ChaosXBeingChaosXBeing Join Date: 2012-10-12 Member: 162114Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2022248:date=Nov 13 2012, 12:27 PM:name=Snæbjørn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Snæbjørn @ Nov 13 2012, 12:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2022248"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ahh, so that's what they mean. Is that explained somewhere?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not that I know of. I noticed it as I was watching GaLm play on youtube sometime before launch day, and I never really went through the official tutorials since I already knew how to play.