Brand new here: anyone else just prefer Aliens without worry about imbalance issues?

ZhoharZhohar Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171202Members
Aliens are just fun as all hell to play.

On one hand, it's like shotgun whoring in the Battlefield series: extremely fast moving and deadly close quarters gameplay. (In BC2, this was the SV98 sniper rifle in CQ loadout).

On the other hand, it forces a cool head, and a gentle approach: Marines can hear Aliens from far away, and when they're looking for an Alien, they have a massive advantage.

So the game sways from a perfect leap-jump across a room into a masterfully-executed 200 KM/h wall bounce with adrenaline raging, ready to chomp anything alive ... into a slow, careful, shift-holding, shadow-lurking wait for those excruciating 20 seconds until a Marine passes into the center of the room ... and then it's back to the adrenaline high of chomping and bouncing off the walls like a madman.

It's absolutely exhilarating and a hell of a lot of fun. I can't get enough of NS2!

Comments

• VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    you can always press shift to walk so the marines can't hear you
  • DarkTitan94DarkTitan94 Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171009Members
    Welcome to the club bro, saw it one day after i closed out a game on steam and in the steam game adds i saw this game i saw the big Onos and i was like damm im sold Aliens ftw
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited November 2012
    Silence upgrade is your friend :)
  • RegnRegn Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165335Members
    This is why most people prefer Speed and Silence over the other options, and I for one agree.
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    YES. I'm on the aliens team 80% and only ever join marines if I feel the team is competent enough to work together. Don't necessarily need to win but I really don't enjoy marines and I REALLY don't enjoy them when there isn't good communications.
  • sparkasaurusmexsparkasaurusmex Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168200Members
    I agree this game is most fun on the Alien side. I do, however, think it's fun to switch over for the variety. Also communication seems to be more abundant on the Marine side, since the commander and soldiers have to cooperate more.
  • xxswatelitexxxxswatelitexx Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171754Members
    There really isn't much of a balance issue. For example

Last 2 games I comm'd.
    We were basically loosing. The marines were winning every skrimish. Their team basically nailing every shot against us. We tried cyst spreading everywhere, but they kept pushing us back. We lost a few chains a few times. But we got 2 hives eventually. But our guys pushed east wing and we lost Gen Hive. As well as all our upgrades.

They already had jet packs - level 2 weapons level 3 armour and gernade launcher. We had no upgrades. an I quickly got carpace.
    ---

But guess who won?
    ---

Even with all our disadvantages, we won both games, by taking out marines main base.
  • SaniKSaniK Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166850Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2024159:date=Nov 14 2012, 09:16 PM:name=Volcano)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Volcano @ Nov 14 2012, 09:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2024159"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->you can always press shift to walk so the marines can't hear you<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

they can still hear you just makes alot less noise less frequently