229 Bug

SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
edited November 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Commander Kicked?</div>I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but just now I was playing on Refinery and was ejected from the command chair. No one said anything about ejecting me and they were just as confused about it as me. I couldn't get back in the Hive, so someone else jumped in. After a few seconds they were ejected. So another person tried. Same result.

Not sure why it happened, but we were only able to win the match through doing a massive base rush without any commander.

Obviously, we were on the Aliens team. We tried getting into several hives with the same result, so I'm at something of a loss. I'm really hoping it's not an exploit in the Eject function.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Comments

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Was playing with a friend of mine, he had the same, he just hopped back in and everything went fine.
    If it occurs again I'll have him check his log and I'll check my server log.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    This happened to our comm last night also. There was no eject vote, but he got booted and could not get back into the chair. I ended up entering the comm chair. I also left the chair and tried to get him to enter it again, but that didn't work either. Weird bug.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Probably just people ejecting you, it only takes 30% of the team to vote, something ive warned about previously.
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2024793:date=Nov 15 2012, 11:19 AM:name=xDragon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xDragon @ Nov 15 2012, 11:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2024793"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Probably just people ejecting you, it only takes 30% of the team to vote, something ive warned about previously.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Is it really that low..? Wow.

3 people on a 9 person team in an 18 player server.

That's... a ridiculous oversight.
  • GarfuGarfu Join Date: 2012-02-12 Member: 145170Members
    It's used to be 2 regardless of team size.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The minimum is 2, its always been 30% since they added vote-ejecting.
  • SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
    Unless you routinely kick commanders for winning the game, which some people might, I sincerely doubt it. It's possible, but if people were doing it to me they were doing it to every single person that got into the hive to try and Command. I don't know how 'good' of a commander I am, but I win the majority of matches I command for Aliens.

This seemed like either a bug, or griefing/trolling on the part of a small minority. I doubt it was trolling though, since someone probably would have said or done more than simply stealth-eject. If someone had jumped into the Hive and started doing <i>anything</i> I'd tend to think it was just a jerk or group of jerks, but the team we had was pretty chill so I really don't know.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2012
    I don't mind the percentage being low as it is. If people don't like me, they can go ahead and command. It's not overly fun as is anyway, with at least 1 person constantly whining that you're not building sentries, getting welders, and getting exos on marine side especially.

It's funny because last night someone wanted exos, and the com got them at 5:00 or so I think. They were a0 exos, but you know... exos xD . ILOLD. We lost.
  • SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2024984:date=Nov 15 2012, 03:11 PM:name=HeatSurge)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HeatSurge @ Nov 15 2012, 03:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2024984"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't mind the percentage being low as it is. If people don't like me, they can go ahead and command. It's not overly fun as is anyway, with at least 1 person constantly whining that you're not building sentries, getting welders, and getting exos on marine side especially.

It's funny because last night someone wanted exos, and the com got them at 5:00 or so I think. They were a0 exos, but you know... exos xD . ILOLD. We lost.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's more or less how I feel about it as well. If I'm losing as Alien Commander, it's usually because there are one or two Marines that go 30-0 or better on K/D/R and no amount of 'better commanding' will bring you back from that. They're one-man wrecking balls. It's absurd how much of a difference even one highly skilled player can make, but I won't begrudge them the time it probably took to get there.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    If someone figures out the reproduction steps please put them here, thanks