NS2 commander System compare from NS1

stealth989stealth989 Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166639Members
NS2 Commander system is a bit hard for me not by alot just a bit

what i would love to see again from NS1

when people say I NEED Med Kit, Need ammo and Waiting for Orders. it will show a Circle or Bubble and i can Click on it and it will Bring me to them

they need to add that to NS2

Comments

• AWhiteAWhite Join Date: 2007-07-26 Member: 61685Members
    These already exist. Updates stack on the right hand side of your screen, you can click them or hit spacebar to goto that location. A marine who has requested ammo or hp will get an icon of the appropriate drop above them you can click to auto-select that item if you're hotkey slow.
  • __Viking__Viking Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167837Members
    edited November 2012
    On servers with high player counts, these messages can stack up rather quickly, and they disappear just as fast. Also, there's no indication of where these message came from on the minimap. I find it difficult to know who needed what where in these situations, and this leads to dead marines. Indication on the minimap would be nice to have as well.
  • AWhiteAWhite Join Date: 2007-07-26 Member: 61685Members
    Good call on the minimap shortcomings. I do agree too many of the elements are the same color. It's nice as a static composition but when you think about real world UI you rarely see it. Color coding some of the alers with map pings would improve useability.

The minimap being left and structures right is totally cruching on expected RTS designs despite being backwards from the hand associated with these actions.
  • HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
    edited November 2012
    Marines need an icon over them when they request stuff. The "zoom to player" function works by clicking the bubble or hammering space bar, but amidst a group of marines I NEVER KNOW WHO TO DROP AMMO TO!
  • JigglesJiggles Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166855Members
    edited November 2012
    I agree with the OP's point.
  • cake.cake. Join Date: 2012-01-12 Member: 140165Members
    When you hear a request just hit "spacebar". This will take you to the last notification (med, ammo, request, under atk etc.)
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2025954:date=Nov 16 2012, 12:18 PM:name=cake.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cake. @ Nov 16 2012, 12:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025954"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->When you hear a request just hit "spacebar". This will take you to the last notification (med, ammo, request, under atk etc.)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That doesn't work for me in NS2.