Commander click-drag button

Hudson633Hudson633 Join Date: 2012-01-17 Member: 140904Members
As commander it would be nice to have the option to define a key to drag the map view around.

For example, if I click the minimap to a certain point, but want to see slightly to the right, I could then hold the defined button down on the top-down area view, and move my mouse right, then let go of the defined button. Having to rely on clicking on the minimap feels primitively inaccurate for a 2012 game, unless I've missed something. I'm sure some people won't mind, but I'd rather have the option available.

Comments

• ParallaxParallax Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7739Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2012
    I love it. Moving the map is a peeve of mine too.

Nice idea to make the button bind able. I'd also like the option to right click drag map. That option should only be available when selection is empty. A normal bind won't support a dual use key like this.
  • Draco HoustonDraco Houston Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167145Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2026130:date=Nov 17 2012, 07:18 AM:name=Parallax)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Parallax @ Nov 17 2012, 07:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026130"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I love it. Moving the map is a peeve of mine too.

Nice idea to make the button bind able. I'd also like the option to right click drag map. That option should only be available when selection is empty. A normal bind won't support a dual use key like this.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Why not make it the middle mouse button? It is used for scrolling in a lot of programs.