server browser access while in-game

tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
if the server browser is gonna have a make over, i thought it might be prudent to make my own suggestion thread on 'how to make an awesome server browser'.

the TF2 server browser is a prime example of a PERFECT server browser, the classic 'steam game' server browser... with everything.

<ul><li>give access to server browser in-game, so you can join a new server or check your desired/steam friends/fav server without first being forced to leave your current server. </li><li>there should be different tabs for 'all', favourites, steam friends, server history, lan.</li><li>preferably a queue system where you can view server info and keep the queue window active while playing/joining another server (otherwise i would just sit in game menu waiting 30 min to join my preferred server when i could be playing on another server in the meantime)</li><li>perhaps personal preference, but imo the text is a bit chunky in the current browser at 1920x1080 and would be better if it was smaller to display more servers.</li></ul>

Comments

• SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    +1 copy the tf2 browsers features. It is perfect.
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    I agree that the server browser should have these features: however right now, you don't have to leave your current server to browse different servers. Just press escape and click on Play, and you will see the Server browser, without having to disconnect first.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2027840:date=Nov 18 2012, 08:49 AM:name=tarquinbb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tarquinbb @ Nov 18 2012, 08:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027840"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><ul><li>give access to server browser in-game, so you can join a new server or check your desired/steam friends/fav server without first being forced to leave your current server.</li></ul><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Pretty sure this has already been added.
    But the whole menu needs a lot of work. Why can't we have drop down menus?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    You have access in game. Press escape, the click the button called play