Community callout.

finickyfinicky Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164613Members
The NS2's community has been a shining beacon of grace compared to any other multiplayer game, let alone competitive game.
A reminder that internet anonymity can still produce friendly people and a great atmosphere in online games in this dark age where LoL and WoW and what have you make you lose all hope for humanity.

During the last few days I've started to see an increase in grumpy/angry/shouting players, I guess in part it is inevitable with the community growing that a few more rotten apples will seep in but...

Please fellas, when you have a bad day, or feel frustrated, or are dealing with a rookie com or lack of coordination try to remember how great this game is with an upstanding community.
Take a deep breath and go back into launch day or beta mode, be supportive of your teammates, kind to your adversaries and advise people about their mistakes, and don't be offended when someone tells you something you already know.
There is no shame in taking orders or advice in NS2, most of the time people are just trying to communicate or coordinate.

Don't be a silent passer by either, tell your team if you find that phasegate or newly growing hive, warn eachother about that onos or exo , or where the enemy dropped a Grenade launcher.

We have something amazing going here, something I never thought was still possible in this age where kids are raised by a computer instead of their parents, but here we are regardless.
Don't squander it, nurture the community, nurture your fellow player, negativity and agression rubs off on other people so do your best to be kind and treat people right even on a bad day, so we can all get the most out of our teamplay. A bit of sportsmanship and good intentions go a long way.

Comments