Natural Selection 2 News Update - Build 232 released on Steam (and balance process)

1235»

Comments

• current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2039269:date=Dec 3 2012, 11:34 AM:name=LethalVector)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LethalVector @ Dec 3 2012, 11:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2039269"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->On the topic of Khammandar being boring... It's never boring if you have a Mic and the sound on. A good Alien Khammandar is part coach, part resource manager.

On the topic of reduced performance during shooting, is it possible that this is a Sound issue? I'm not a hardware guru, but back in the day, sound effects were a unsuspecting but very common issue with many games. The fact that the mini-guns are giant noise cannons leads to me wonder as I'm sure others have looked at more obvious causes such as muzzle flaring effects, hit calculation, etc.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Interesting idea..i guess a simple test would be to delete the associated sound files a see if you get a notable FPS increase??
  • GroverGrover Join Date: 2012-04-05 Member: 149990Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    As a gorge I got stuck walking over alien structures (crags, shifts) that were close together on several occasions.
  • MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
    Am I the first to note? "EMP" is an "electro-magnetic pulse" which, by definition, could disturb all kinds of Frontiersmen assets, but certainly no bioforms.
    A better name might be "ultrasonic" for example. You know dogs just HATE high-pitch tones.

I guess I should have called this before release, but better late than never, right?
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff