I didn't see any posts that quite matched my problem.Freezing.

SouthernSouthern Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162276Members
edited November 2012 in Technical Support
<div class="IPBDescription">Freezing,</div>Hey guys.

Have been playing NS2 for about a year with no problems with FPS. Game runs fine and pc is pass requirements by a long shot.

The problem is recently. I don't know if it's the new patch or what. Didn't do it yesterday or day before. FPS isn't the issue. Today I would freeze as marine or commanding for 5-10 seconds at a time. Very frustrating when you're trying to command. I run at 60 fps and then ..freeze.

Any idea's?

Radeon 5770 HD 1 gb ddr5
965 black edition quad core 3.8 ghz
4 gb ddr3 1667 mhz ram.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Could use some video of this to see whats going on
    You can use the command "record" in the console (~ key) before entering a game to capture this, unless its related to your monitor, in which case you would have to capture it using a phone or camera etc.
    If recording captures it (you can give it a name like "record stupidfreezebug" then play it back afterwards with "play stupidfreezebug" to ensure the freezing was captured in the demo.

please run net_Stats and r_Stats in the console as well when doing this.
    thanks.