Properly defending an exo?

doog1114doog1114 Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173199Members
Let's say that an exo on my team is under attack, especially by an Onos,. Should I be welding him or focus firing with him? I'm also wondering if there are multiple marines around him, if that changes or not. As in, should we all be welding when he's taking damage, or all be firing with him?

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    welding him, definately, exosuits do massive damage by themselves, unless you are directly in danger by say a fade or a skulk, save the thing much more expensive and useful than you are in the long term. :)
  • MistenTHMistenTH Join Date: 2003-01-01 Member: 11706Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    In the case of the onos. Shoot the onos. A dual mini exo will not be able to kill an onos before guns cooldown. A cara onos has about 3100hp.

You emptying your lmg clip and dealing 20% damage to the onos is the difference between the exo living, or both onos and exo die and you getting the kill, rather then onos killing both of you.

Against the other lifeforms generally welding is better as the exo can kill them fast enough and you need to weld the slowly accumulating damage.

Ifthere are other welder marines around then you can push forward to kill the bilebomb gorge, or check that the corner is safe for exo to advance ie no onos around corner waiting.h