alt+tab in Windows8

AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">unpredictable alt+tab from game client in Windows 8 fullscreen</div>Not sure if this has been already covered but since upgrading to Windows 8 I'm having trouble alt+tabbing out of the game client back to the desktop. Sometimes it will alt+tab fine, other times the screen will go blank briefly before returning back into the game client. I am running the game in fullscreen mode.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Don't have Win8, but maybe this is an issue with trying to go between NS2 in fullscreen and Metro?
  • AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Back on Win7 now, Win8 gave me the shits. I really did give it a good go but too much tinkering to have it behave nicely.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Happened to me the other day as well after a fresh install of windows 8.(maybe the cause was an update install without restarting or something) A pc restart solved the problem. (something affecting the metro ui/charms/etc must have crashed)

In defence of win8, running it since the release day... this was the first time something weird happened.

PS: in case you wonder why did you make a fresh installation then? something was causing system crashes - and just to be sure and rule out windows i reinstalled... sadly its not windows. (so it was a waste of time)