Spore Damage Prevents Regen

yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
edited December 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<b>So currently:
Every time spores damage a marine, it resets the regeneration out-of-battle cooldown. Also, the act of releasing the spores does not prevent/stop regeneration. I don't think this is intended.

I believe it is more natural and intuitive for behavior need to be reversed. (Releasing should reset cooldown, damaging should not not)</b>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practically this is kind of annoying because spores persist for such a long time and will continually prevent regen. So, if you are 'crop dusting' the marine base, regen is practically useless and you're better off going to back to the hive.

Also, it seems to break realism because the Lerk seems psychically aware of that a cloud of chemicals is hurting someone (possibly across the map) and it some how 'strains' the Lerk when a marine inhales, preventing regen. Instead I believe only the releasing of the gas should 'strain' it.

Comments

• pendelum5pendelum5 Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164317Members
    Spores also prevent camouflage. I think it has to do with the 3-second combat timer for those upgrades. I don't have a problem with it because aliens are OP as hell and you can usually use spores to escape to a hive.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Speaking of mechanics/bugs like that:

Hydras also put you in combat when they fire, even if you're a different lifeform all the way across the map, if a Hydra you made at any time gets into combat, it also puts you in combat, stopping your regen, bringing you out of cloak, slowing you down out of celerity etc.
  • beyond.wudgebeyond.wudge Join Date: 2012-10-19 Member: 162731Members
    edited December 2012
    Hmmmm, I always accepted the bile bomb causing celerity slow down because I figured it was a adren vs cele balance thing.

But now that you mention this sort of thing may need a some reconsideration as to how exactly it should all work. A bit more nuance might be required.
  • AzaralAzaral Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172408Members
    Bilebomb damaging buildings with its DOT effect also keeps you in combat.