Having problems automatically downloading mods

ChalarieChalarie Join Date: 2012-05-03 Member: 151459Members
edited December 2012 in Technical Support
<div class="IPBDescription">Not a recent issue</div>I have been having a problem for a few builds now that when joining modded servers, the mods have not automatically downloaded resulting in me being kicked for not having the mod installed. I cannot say when exactly the problem started, but it isn't build specific. Has anybody else been having this issue?

EDIT #1: Looks like when joining a modded server I get to the downloading mods stage, but then get kicked for not having the mod.

Comments

• xtalxtal aka X-rayCat Join Date: 2009-06-28 Member: 67961Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter
    Two days ago I've meet player that had identical problem as you, he was kicked from server for mods. We had to turn mods off on server for him too join. Don't know what was the cause :/
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2012
    Friend of mine is having the same issue, after a server restart he can join but the mods don't appear to be activated on the server.
    The server webinterface does show them installed and activated, and when I join it does say "mods mounted".

Server log shows:
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Client connecting (ip)
    Client disconnected (ip) Missing required mod
    Client disconnected (ip) Missing required mod<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Timeout too short?
    If said friend keeps trying it will eventually download.
  • MyLilPwnyMyLilPwny Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167812Members
    I have the same issue. I must re-connect numerous times to get the mods to finally download. Talked to a bunch of other people that have the same problem.
  • RothgarRothgar Join Date: 2009-11-13 Member: 69372Members
    edited December 2012
    Related to thread <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=125561" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=125561</a> I would guess

It has been reported to UWE and Max is supposedly looking into it.
  • palanoidpalanoid Join Date: 2012-12-21 Member: 175771Members
    Sorry for bumping this thread but with the latest game build I'm still having the same issue,getting kicked from modded servers,error message being "Missing required mod." Joining the same server numerous times didn't help.
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    I always get the same error on first join, then I can enter the mod menu, enable all the mods that showed up there because of the server, and the second join will work.