15 sec fade?

SolaritySolarity Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170515Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I think this might be an exploit. The server I was had a big ping spike for all players, then my NS crashed. By the time I joined the game the round ended and a new one was starting. I went aliens again and noticed that I had 58 res. So I clicked fade and evolved into a fade. To both mine and the marine surprise it worked! Oddly enough we had a very bad team so in a way the exploit helped me balance the team. It was about a 15min turtle as the aliens were going solo onos into base w/o heals. We eventually won. Even though I went early fade I was still astonished how limited the fade was w/o carapace and celerity.

Comments

• Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
    edited December 2012
    that epic lag spike was funny as hell as one gorge ALL OF A SUDDEN destroys everything when server got back up, but ya when you went fade that was odd.

i think when you left/crashed it saved your res node, its feature since a certain build update that when you rejoin same team on same server from a crash you keep your res, you probably crashed at 58 res, got back into the alien team with a new round and had 58 res again
  • piedriverpiedriver Join Date: 2009-12-17 Member: 69695Members
    That reminded me of exploiters in CS:S when they would buy TMPs/Mac-10s in the pistol round. Good times :D

//I envy you :P
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hmm... I thought that got fixed already, apparently not.
    If your NS2 crashes in between rounds, you sometimes preserve personal res from previous round to the next.
  • gnoarchgnoarch Join Date: 2012-08-29 Member: 156802Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I once got 100 res right at the start of the game... marines did not like 1 min Onos at all :/
  • mushookeesmushookees Join Date: 2008-03-26 Member: 63967Members
    this has happened to me once

started a game with 47 res
  • JuomariJuomari Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167141Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2047956:date=Dec 19 2012, 01:26 AM:name=gnoarch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gnoarch @ Dec 19 2012, 01:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2047956"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I once got 100 res right at the start of the game... marines did not like 1 min Onos at all :/<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i can only imagine, when they were ######ed up even on 6min onos that was removed from the game xD
  • SolaritySolarity Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170515Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2047933:date=Dec 18 2012, 10:12 PM:name=Sharp-Shooter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sharp-Shooter @ Dec 18 2012, 10:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2047933"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->that epic lag spike was funny as hell as one gorge ALL OF A SUDDEN destroys everything when server got back up, but ya when you went fade that was odd.

i think when you left/crashed it saved your res node, its feature since a certain build update that when you rejoin same team on same server from a crash you keep your res, you probably crashed at 58 res, got back into the alien team with a new round and had 58 res again<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

At the same time b/c of the lag spike I lost my fade that I was playing at a time. It started when I was around a marine and when I finally got to some craigs and was reg'ning my health started dropping from invisible gun fire and i died :( Then I re spawned as a skulk and then my system crashed.

TBH an onos at that level would be even more deadly as a fade. w/o celerity, blink, and carapace you are a lot more squishy when all the rines stick together.
  • CodeCowboyCodeCowboy Join Date: 2012-09-21 Member: 160235Members
    Same thing happened the other night, except the guy went Onos after saving up a bit.