Why Can't I post on the tech support forum?

bronygluefactorybronygluefactory Join Date: 2012-12-19 Member: 175598Members
<div class="IPBDescription">also, marines are invisible to me</div>I created an account specifically to ask why I was experiencing the "invisible marines" glitch, notices there was already an unanswered thread (OP was kind of incoherent) in the tech support forums, but apparently my account is too new to post in tech support.

Since the other guy's thread didn't explain it very well, when I play NS2 the marine player models (and not the aliens) are invisible. All I see is a muzzle flash or a melee weapon floating in empty space. Naturally this makes playing is a skulk nearly impossible. I did ask about it in the ingame chat and was told to upgrade my graphics card (My card is an NVIDIA geforce gx260) or to somehow update the firmware google isn't finding me any good explanation on how to do this. Can anyone give me instructions for fixing this, because it seems like it's a pretty uncommon problem.

Comments

• bronygluefactorybronygluefactory Join Date: 2012-12-19 Member: 175598Members
    Update: looks like updating windows fixed it. Wasn't sure what to do because I never encountered a problem like that before (usually games just crash to desktop or something)
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2048382:date=Dec 20 2012, 05:22 AM:name=bronygluefactory)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bronygluefactory @ Dec 20 2012, 05:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2048382"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I created an account specifically to ask why I was experiencing the "invisible marines" glitch, notices there was already an unanswered thread (OP was kind of incoherent) in the tech support forums, but apparently my account is too new to post in tech support.

Since the other guy's thread didn't explain it very well, when I play NS2 the marine player models (and not the aliens) are invisible. All I see is a muzzle flash or a melee weapon floating in empty space. Naturally this makes playing is a skulk nearly impossible. I did ask about it in the ingame chat and was told to upgrade my graphics card (My card is an NVIDIA geforce gx260) or to somehow update the firmware google isn't finding me any good explanation on how to do this. Can anyone give me instructions for fixing this, because it seems like it's a pretty uncommon problem.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for confirming about the Windows update.
    What message did you get when attempting to post in Tech Support?