Power Change

Champlo0Champlo0 Join Date: 2012-04-17 Member: 150617Members
edited December 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Power based on amount of structures</div>So here's an idea; let power deactivate buildings slowly for 15 seconds in the area it powers. Here's the catch, for 1/5th the cost of the cost of all the buildings in the area an emergency power supply can be tapped for 60 seconds. So say there is a command chair, 2 IPs, an armory, an observatory, a phase gate, and an arms lab; that's (15+15+15+10+15+15+20)/5=21 TRes to activate emergency power. Emergency power would have to be activated while the power was going down.

Thoughts?

Comments

• KazelKazel Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175939Members
    By "activated while the power was going down" do you mean before the power node is destroyed? How would that work? What happens if emergency power is activated but the power node never goes down? Do they get the res back?

I personally think that the current mechanic for power is fine. Yes it is frustrating that a single skulk can take out an entire base by dropping the power, and yes I know the kind of damage that an onos/gorge rush can do to the power node. I still don't think that it needs to be buffed.

But....seeing as so many people are complaining about it, if the power mechanic were to be edited I wouldn't mind some sort of system like this. The one thing I would edit is simply getting rid of res per building and doing a flat fee to keep IPs/gates up. I don't feel like people really care about their robotics lab in a situation like that. The only buildings they are gonna wanna pay res in order to keep on are the ones crucial for maintaining that base. Don't give them the option of which buildings stay on, just keep it as simple as possible: 10 res for the things you need to fend of the attackers and restore the power node.
  • Champlo0Champlo0 Join Date: 2012-04-17 Member: 150617Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2050431:date=Dec 23 2012, 05:58 PM:name=Kazel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kazel @ Dec 23 2012, 05:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2050431"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->By "activated while the power was going down" do you mean before the power node is destroyed? How would that work? What happens if emergency power is activated but the power node never goes down? Do they get the res back?

I personally think that the current mechanic for power is fine. Yes it is frustrating that a single skulk can take out an entire base by dropping the power, and yes I know the kind of damage that an onos/gorge rush can do to the power node. I still don't think that it needs to be buffed.

But....seeing as so many people are complaining about it, if the power mechanic were to be edited I wouldn't mind some sort of system like this. The one thing I would edit is simply getting rid of res per building and doing a flat fee to keep IPs/gates up. I don't feel like people really care about their robotics lab in a situation like that. The only buildings they are gonna wanna pay res in order to keep on are the ones crucial for maintaining that base. Don't give them the option of which buildings stay on, just keep it as simple as possible: 10 res for the things you need to fend of the attackers and restore the power node.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    When I say as the power is going down I mean after the node is destroyed, and in the "power down" period where the marines still have time before their structures power down.

The reason power needs to be changed is because it's a win button; why attack anything in a marine base except for the power? The power will get everything. There needs to be a reason to attack something other than the power, and this is what I think would help provide that incentive.
  • bakkotobakkoto Join Date: 2012-12-19 Member: 175575Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2050431:date=Dec 23 2012, 05:58 PM:name=Kazel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kazel @ Dec 23 2012, 05:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2050431"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't feel like people really care about their robotics lab in a situation like that. The only buildings they are gonna wanna pay res in order to keep on are the ones crucial for maintaining that base. Don't give them the option of which buildings stay on, just keep it as simple as possible: 10 res for the things you need to fend of the attackers and restore the power node.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That´s my boy :D. +1