Weapon bash not interrupting reloading

SafewoodSafewood Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166381Members
edited December 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Similar to Left 4 Dead, but not quite the same.</div>While bashing with your rifle, you do not cancel out reloading, but instead pause it as long as the animation is running. Weapon bash could also drain a bit of your stamina, so you can't keep spamming it.

I understand it would more or less render the axe useless, except from increasing movement speed for a bit and spare a bit of ammunition when disconnecting cysts or taking down a Harvester.

Comments

• KazelKazel Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175939Members
    I think the rifle bash is pretty good as it is(although horribly under-used), and I don't really want it stepping on axe territory. Considering with the current performance issues it is already difficult to actually hit anything with the bash I think we should wait and see how it works out as performance is improved.
  • SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    Nope. You shouldn't be rewarded for having to reload and letting the skulk get within melee range.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    If you wait I believe half the reload time and then buck, you'll find yourself with a fully loaded LMG.
  • PimpToadPimpToad Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166005Members
    In my opinion, rifle bash is supposed to be something used either mid-mag or for the hell of it to bash skulks mid-leap. You either finish your reload or switch to another weapon. Not that it matters to me either way as my bashes never hit anything except when a skulk is already on my six. Gotta love that hit detection!
  • SafewoodSafewood Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166381Members
    <b>@ Everyone:</b>
    Even though Axe's damage against buildings could be increased, you guys are probably right. Let's wait and see when the netcodes are improved significantly.

<b>@ Kalabalana:</b>
    Wow, thanks! Didn't know that. I will try it out next time I play the game.