Upon loading game, can't move or use mouse in ready room

eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Can hear and see others having fun, but none for me.</div>Good morning NS2 team.

Love what you've done with the place.

I'm writing to you today from the same laptop from which I used to play NS1.

I certainly understand this is not the best rig to use. However, It still runs games like TF2 at very respectable settings.

During the NS2 beta, and even after the production release, I was able to launch into a game and play.

However, perhaps since a recent release, when I pick a server, let it load, and actually launch to the map's readyroom, I can't move my mouse or use the keyboard to do anything with my character. I can see everything moving around me, and I can hear sounds.

I'm able to click 'esc' to get to the settings, and I can even change them. However, I can do nothing with my character or even chat.

Please help. I've been looking forward to playing this game for years.

Comments

• eliotmateliotmat Join Date: 2002-12-01 Member: 10350Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nevermind.

Just needed a post-update reboot! Yeah, yeah... I know. It's just that I was still a little tipsy from the prior evening.

At least I can play NS2 at 640x480 now!