alien upgrade bug *still here*

S_BadguyS_Badguy Join Date: 2003-12-03 Member: 23925Members
Was lerk with adrenaline only, the team lost adrenaline upgrade and movement hive then built other upgrades. I was unable to get upgrades on the lerk, kept adrenaline. If I picked cloaking or carapace and clicked upgrade, the upgrade menu closes and the upgrade sound begins but nothing happens. The adrenaline icon is orange.

Comments

• UzverUzver Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172632Members, Reinforced - Silver
    It's not a bug, it's a feature. You should rebuild adrenaline upgrade in order to get access to another upgrades.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2056760:date=Jan 5 2013, 11:26 PM:name=Uzver)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Uzver @ Jan 5 2013, 11:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2056760"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's not a bug, it's a feature. You should rebuild adrenaline upgrade in order to get access to another upgrades.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That doesn't make any sense.

If you haven't chosen your crag/shade upgrade, you shouldn't be barred from doing so just because you've lost your shift upgrade.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2056760:date=Jan 6 2013, 04:26 AM:name=Uzver)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Uzver @ Jan 6 2013, 04:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2056760"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's not a bug, it's a feature. You should rebuild adrenaline upgrade in order to get access to another upgrades.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That's the most bull###### I've read on these forums byfar.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    edited January 2013
    Are you saying you had adren as a lerk when the hive was alive, team lost adren, you tried to pick other upgrades and couldn't?

Because thats not normal, no.

Other than way back in beta I haven't had anything but freedom in chosing upgrades, even after the selection has been culled.

I especially like how if you lose hive you get to keep bile etc, important for that slim comeback chance.
  • PampelmusePampelmuse Join Date: 2005-04-06 Member: 47641Members
    As far as i can recall, there are more than one issue with the alien upgrade system in relation with losing existing upgrades.
    The problem is known and being worked on, so hang on :)
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Also, if you had hive 2 abilities and 2nd hive was destroyed, you keep your ability until you die. Yet, if chose any evolution, it is lost as well. Which is not nice at all.
  • ZxaberZxaber Join Date: 2010-07-29 Member: 73315Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2056866:date=Jan 6 2013, 02:57 AM:name=xen32)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xen32 @ Jan 6 2013, 02:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2056866"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, if you had hive 2 abilities and 2nd hive was destroyed, you keep your ability until you die. Yet, if chose any evolution, it is lost as well. Which is not nice at all.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This one actually was intentional. Actually, I remember it being added and being personally unsure if it was a good idea. Basically, the idea is if an alien team loses any upgrade or abilities, alien players will retain their upgrades and abilities until they either die or evolve. What it means in play is that when you take out the second hive, there will still be a few leaping skulks or lerks with adrenaline to deal with. if I remember right, marines were supposed to have a similar feature with their arms lab; when the arms lab goes down or loses power, marines alive from beforehand would keep the upgrades, while newly spawning marines would lack it. I don't actually know if the marine side made it in. There were a few questions to work out, like what to do to an unleveled marine when the arms lab comes back up. But the alien side, at least, is there.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2013
    None of the experiences described here are intentional.
    As pampelmuse said, there are multiple known and reported bugs with the alien upgrade system, the one xen32 mentioned was reported before the game launched.
    To be clear what he means by evolution can simply be boiled down to "gestating" .. i.e. picking silence makes you lose spores if you had them, this is not intentional.
    @OP: Thanks for the reproduction steps.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2013
    I was under the expectation that if you lost an upgrade you currently had (adren) then got the option to get another (cara/regen) then evolved say, cara, you got the cara but lost adren and couldn't get it back.

EDIT: I should add, I don't see anything wrong with that, you lost the upgrade, if you still want it, you can't have benefits from things that happened after you lost it if you wish to retain it. You should consider it lucky you don't just lose adren immediately when the upgrade is destroyed.
  • S_BadguyS_Badguy Join Date: 2003-12-03 Member: 23925Members
    Losing/keeping the adrenaline isn't the bug. The bug is you are unable to get any other upgrades after it occurs. That is bad.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2058711:date=Jan 10 2013, 03:35 AM:name=S_Badguy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (S_Badguy @ Jan 10 2013, 03:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2058711"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Losing/keeping the adrenaline isn't the bug. The bug is you are unable to get any other upgrades after it occurs. That is bad.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I know that used to happen, but I haven't had that happen for a month'ish now.