Game Freeze when switching weapons/building/spawning (as a marine)

ZagriveraZagrivera Join Date: 2005-03-24 Member: 46328Members
Hey there,

I looked around the forum for some time but I did not find the answer I was looking for, so sorry if this freeze is a already known issue.

<u><b>Info:</b></u>

-It's already happened twice and it only happened when I was playing the marines.

-I don't know when it starts (New game? New Spawn?)

-I don't know if it's map related, I do not remember the map when it first happened but the 2nd map was ns_Docking (not 100% sure)

-I don't know if it's server related but I was playing, on the 2nd freeze, on a normal server (not modded) ( don't know or the first time)

-It happened, on both times, after ~2 hours session (not on the same map tho)

<u><b>When Does It Happens?:</b></u>

-When I try to build a structure (as a marine and not as a commander).

-When I spawn as a marine.

-When I switch to my rifle or to my pistol. (I haven't tried other guns but it doesn't seem to work when you switch to the melee weapon).

<u><b>What Happens:</b></u>

-The game freezes, (video and sound) and the it never lasts the same time but I would say it is around 5-10 seconds). It seems that it's shorter if I move away (the game registers the keyboard, so during the freeze, I can walk but I do not see where I go until the freeze ends, I kind of see what happened during the freeze in 3-4 seconds which is most of the time my death...).

-Sometimes, only the video freezes and I can still hear my fellow marines talking.

-I do not know if this happens before of after the first freeze but you cannot see the ammo on the rifle nor on the pistol (it's all black)

<u><b>PC Specs:</b></u>

Processor: Intel Quad Core i7 Bloomfield 960 3.2GHz
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 drivers 306.97
Memory: 12GB DDR3 (CPU-Z says they run at 2141 Mhz)
Mother Board: Gigabyte G1.Assasin
Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex II SSD

Hope you guys can help me!

Comments

• ExplosifBeExplosifBe Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58284Forum Admins, Playtest Lead, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited January 2013
    Switching weapon, spawning, building, all these actions require files (audio at least), that are on your drive. And those freezes might tell that your SSD has a problem, try updating the controller. If that doesn't do it you might want to try a benchmark on it with AS SSD Benchmark for example (http://www.alex-is.de/PHP/fusion/downloads.php?cat_id=4&download_id=9)