Server browser making servers disapear when you click ont hem

BhaukBhauk Join Date: 2012-12-28 Member: 176491Members
10/10 would rage again

Comments

• MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2065478:date=Jan 23 2013, 11:13 AM:name=Bhauk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bhauk @ Jan 23 2013, 11:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2065478"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->10/10 would rage again<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Check how you have your columns sorted. I have seen this happen and it turns out that the list got resorted; because when you click on a server, the browser refreshes it. So now that 19/20 server you wanted to joins is now 20/20 and moved on the list. Or check the ping filter, maybe it's ping spiked and it is now not visible because of the threshold you set for ping.
  • semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
    When you click on a server, the server browser queries that server for an update. So, what is happening is that the server passed all your filters when you first opened the server browser, but on the second update when you clicked it fell out because of one of your filters.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    semihandy is right. This happens often, when the server is already full when you click on it.
  • BhaukBhauk Join Date: 2012-12-28 Member: 176491Members
    I see. I guess for me it's just ping spikes because I don't filter out full servers.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    It's still broken UI behavior. Yes, it's understandable why it happens, but NO, it should not happen that way.

A server that's clicked on should not disappear or get resorted just because it got updated when you clicked. The user's intention when clicking on it is not to update the stats, but to SELECT THE SERVER.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    It's known and has been reported.
  • nsguynsguy Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69869Members
    I mentioned this like a month ago in a suggestions thread I created *applause*. I said that the browser shouldn't apply filters on the server once the server has been retrieved in the server browser. I should join the playtester group...they seem to have the power to get stuff added to the game as opposed to us common folk.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=2065639:date=Jan 24 2013, 12:24 AM:name=nsguy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nsguy @ Jan 24 2013, 12:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2065639"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I should join the playtester group...they seem to have the power to get stuff added to the game as opposed to us common folk.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're welcome to apply here:
    <a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEVyVlRkUDRibHNXQWM2MHFXWXBwVkE6MQ#gid=0" target="_blank">https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewfor...XBwVkE6MQ#gid=0</a>

And we don't normally have the power, however since Kalli joined PTing her nagging is proving beneficial ;)
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro--><b>*cracks whip*</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->