Ns2_Veil Balancing Issues

13»

Comments

• butterbutter Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177368Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    butter wrote: »
    The biggest problem I have with Veil is that Nanogrid is simply too difficult for Marines to take over early-mid game. Gorgeous can bile bomb everything in there from the rear vents and Marines cannot do anything to contest this without jetpacks.

You say marines can't take nano early game (which is wrong but not my point), then you go on to say it's because of gorge bile bomb? I don't know about you, but I really have my work put out for me when I go for bile bomb at 2 minutes.
    Also, again you're wrong, marines can actually shoot gorges in the back vents if they stand back down the hallway's entering nano, they can nick the top of the gorges and eventually kill them unless the gorge drops down. EVEN if they have clogs that allow them to sit further back in the vent.

Well, there is no use arguing over this anymore. The devs fixed the issue by putting hoods over the vents.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Just had some brutal victories as marines on Veil the other day...

We managed to take sub and pipeline while the aliens were so busy defending nanogrid. I just totally ignored the double point and pushed guys into both tech points. The stragglers got to build topo, C12, skylights and overlook.

I think the aliens were having trouble with a couple of decent shots on my team (I had 2 guys in pipeline who held it expertly, the rest of the team was pushing sub), so it would be ridiculous to say the teams were even, but by far and away the biggest problem the aliens faced was decent teamwork and communication. At no point were they able to take either of our additional 2 tech points and it didn't take long to polish off cargo (their starting hive).

So aside from slightly imbalanced teams (I can't deny it), as long as marines really focus hard on tech points (especially sub sector), they stand a good chance. If you let aliens have nanogrid (they're usually delighted at this), then you have to make sure they don't get the sub tech point. Then it's happy days :)