Yellow chat?

IntheflorshIntheflorsh Join Date: 2013-01-26 Member: 182279Members
I've been playing NS2 for 70+ hours and I am familiar with all of the systems. There is still one thing that I can't figure out: yellow text during in-game chat. I assumed it was to show who the com was but I've now been seeing it used for regular players.

I've looked at the wiki and I can't find any reference to the matter so out of desperation I'm asking here.

Comments

• ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    edited January 2013
    Your assumption was correct. It is to distinguish the Commander from other players. Both commanders text/mic appear in yellow... so you may have noticed someone's yellow text and it wasn't your commander, it could have been theirs speaking to 'all'

Aliens text comes up in orange, so you may have mistaken that for yellow?
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    IF you are sure that it was a normal non-commanding player whose chat appeared all-yellow, then you should take a screenshot of the chat and the scoreboard and submit a bug report, including your log file (IN %APPDATA%/Natural Selection 2)
  • InficiusInficius Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174193Members
    I've noticed this as well -- an enemy player had yellow text yet the scoreboard showed no commander on their team. My assumption is that the server was modded to hide that information from opposing sides.
  • ChizzlerChizzler Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177532Members
    You can't see which player is commander on the opposing team via the scoreboard
  • GrueneMedizinGrueneMedizin Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 175008Members
    Sometimes you can, if you spectate before joining a team.
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2067809:date=Jan 28 2013, 08:07 PM:name=GrueneMedizin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrueneMedizin @ Jan 28 2013, 08:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2067809"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sometimes you can, if you spectate before joining a team.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Can anyone else confirm this? If so, then it is a bug which needs to be reported.