Are they still trying to Optimize this game?

Madcat124Madcat124 Join Date: 2013-02-07 Member: 182878Members
Just a question. Is the performance likely to get better?

Comments

• OuchOfDeathOuchOfDeath Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182825Members
    Last patch did bump up my framerate a bit. I expect more to come in the future. The devs have stated it's a priority and that they'll be working on optimizations for a while.
  • BluPickleBluPickle Aix-En-Provence, France Join Date: 2013-02-07 Member: 182881Members
    edited February 2013
    I hope too. I don't have any problem during my games, but when a huge fight between onos, skulks, exo, marines at the same time, on the same place, I have quite a bit sort of lags, framerate down under 24.
  • FarrenFarren Join Date: 2005-03-13 Member: 45065Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's definitely still a huge priority. With the last patch some people experienced an extra 20fps bump overall, and many things that would normally slow the gameplay to a crawl (huge fights like you mentioned) are flowing much more smoothly. I was seeing quick, temporary fps drops to 5 in build 235 at some key events like new enemies showing up or entering a room with as-yet unloaded entities, and that has now been eliminated in builds 236+; while it may dip a bit it doesn't dip THAT low any more.