IronMod ModLog

IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
Hey guys, I thought I'd start a modlog to keep you up to date on the progress I'm making learning to make mods for ns2. I've called my mod the Ironmod and it'll first be a learning mod, which just does random things, then I'll make it into an actual mod that will go up on the steam workshop. Hope this is interesting.

Some background:
I've been trying to get into game development for quite some time, first started attempting to learn C++ back in 2008. It wasn't successful and I kept stopping for long periods of time. I'd consider myself to be of beginner skill level(just above complete beginner), meaning I understand a few programming things but all in all am not very good. Object Oriented Programming confuses me and overall I make very slow progress.

I will be making hopefully daily posts, which will contain replies, and a log of the day's progress in modding. I might make the odd video to show how I did something, I might not. I'll keep notes for future documentation.

ModLog: Day One
I got a hello world working, followed a guide, modified client.lua and added the sharedmessage function. Nothing too interesting but at least it actually does something.