cyst suicide???

2»

Comments

• OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    I've had the same experience. I was beyond the minimum distance for cysts to be placed, i know because of a mod that shows me what the minimum distance is.
    But when I tried to place cysts from "the neck" to "c12", they kept dying immediately after I placed them.
    To reiterate, I know what the minimum distance is.
    The problem fixed itself when I tried cysting from the "dome" to "c12".
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    edited February 2013
    _Necro_ wrote: »
    Ok, lets try to be more clear: You got your first hive in Sub-Access and you cyst to Cargo. Now you drop a new hive in Cargo. as soon as the hive in Cargo is grown, you need to put 1 cyst between the Cargo-Hive and the existing cyst-chain. Only than it connects the cysts-chain with the Cargo-Hive. If the connection to Sub-Access got cut now, the cyst-chain keeps working because of Cargo.

You only need to place 1 Cyst to fix this. This has never lost a game for me. If a fix of this bug would cost server performance, I rather would not have it fixed, because it is so easy fixable by the player.

This is all besides the point though, and I understood what you meant.
    The fact is, the cause for this thread may just be the bug we are describing. Speculation beyond this is too intangible for my tastes, so when I respond to others, its generally only the parts that relate directly to the subject at hand.

Also, this is a neutral response, please do not misinterpret it as trolling.

(Having a player perform a work around is not an ideal solution imo)
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    6*) I cant build cysts from new hives. I guess harvesters also dont works too.

I question this. Please try to reproduce this. I bet you only tried to place a cyst to far away from the new build hive. I have never seen a new grown hive where you couldn't place cysts from.
  • OwiecPL1986OwiecPL1986 Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172755Members
    But i cant build new cyst in range of new hive because the cysts are disconnect? That should work but if cysts near new hive are connecected with old hive? But i dont remeber i try this or not. So mayby... Anyway it shouldnt work in that way. Simply solution: after hive grow refresh cysts in range. It should be easy to fix.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You seem to have some misconception.
    1.) You don't need infestation to drop a new hive
    2.) A hive is always an infestation origin. (You can drop cysts originating form every hive.)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    What necro said.
    Also, think of your cyst chain as branches from each hive.

In the scenario you described you can just drop the cyst next to the new hive (disconnecting the old chain at this new hive location) and continue from there.
    This isn't a bug so much as a design decision.. again just think of cyst chains as branches belonging to specific hives.