Binding Chuckle to a hotkey.

JAMESEARLJONOSJAMESEARLJONOS Join Date: 2012-12-15 Member: 175155Members
Yes, this is important enough for its own thread.

The best alien taunt cannot be bound to a hotkey using the default in-game interface. Is there any way (console commands, etc) around this to bind chuckle to a hotkey? At the very least would it be moddable? These are serious questions that need serious answers.

Comments

• Katana-Katana- Join Date: 2008-11-25 Member: 65575Members
    I second this.

Also let me bind "All Clear!" to a key as marine. :D
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    To be honest I think it's odd that Chuckle and Taunt are separate binds. I would prefer if the chuckle sound was just the Skulk's taunt. Gorge and Lerk have good taunts already, the Fade and Onos ones are a bit crummy.
  • CiroCiro Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178392Members
    Zek wrote: »
    To be honest I think it's odd that Chuckle and Taunt are separate binds. I would prefer if the chuckle sound was just the Skulk's taunt.

More sounds and options are fine by me.

• XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    No nude mods or sound mods, this game really needs a natural-selection-nexus already.
  • kingkrabbe.#bofkingkrabbe.#bof Join Date: 2012-10-21 Member: 162892Members
    I want a bindable chuckle too!

Or at least/even better some kind of (old school CS/TF2 voice command menu) where I only have to hit X and then hit 4 for "chuckle" or 5 for "All clear!".

This "hold down X, see a huge menu onscreen and click a voice command with your mouse cursor" thing is not that suitable for a FPS game imo (at least when you are attacking / you are attacked). A simple text popup would do fine near the left bottom of the screen - or at least an option for such a replacement menu (MOD?).
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    I want a bindable chuckle too!

Or at least/even better some kind of (old school CS/TF2 voice command menu) where I only have to hit X and then hit 4 for "chuckle" or 5 for "All clear!".

This "hold down X, see a huge menu onscreen and click a voice command with your mouse cursor" thing is not that suitable for a FPS game imo (at least when you are attacking / you are attacked). A simple text popup would do fine near the left bottom of the screen - or at least an option for such a replacement menu (MOD?).

Pretty sure BF2 did the button popup mouse over thing. It works better than any other method once you memorise the position of important selections.

• _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Naaahh... you are faster with 2 consecutive button press than clicking on something that blobs on.