Unexpected menu oppening

TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
Hi, I have an alienware laptop (M17xR4) with an azerty keyboard. I experience a problem with media keys (volume up, etc...) and other laptop keyboard keys (i.e fn+F12 wich disable the touchpad). When I press one of these keys in game, the menu (or the console) opens. It's a bit annoying and I have this issue since the first time I launched the game. Is there any way to fix it ?

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Could you try rebinding your keys and coming back?!
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    This changes nothing :p
  • rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    edited February 2013
    I'm wondering if this is something in relation to the game not recognizing exactly what those keys on the laptop are and seeing them all as the Esc key. This looks similar to how some programs or games don't support or properly recognize the set of G keys on the Logitech G15. What I would try doing is run the NS2 TechSupport Application (Steam> steamapps> common> Natural Selection 2> TechSupport) and follow the instructions on emailing the results to UWE with an explanation to what is going on. Include a link to this thread in your email as well.

• turtalturtal Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183035Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    While we're on the subject, if the console key is bound to " (next to 1, the default console key), everytime I do a question mark on chat, it pops up the console. Might be a regional issue. I'm using Turkish Q. I solved it by binding the console to another key.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    turtal wrote: »
    While we're on the subject, if the console key is bound to " (next to 1, the default console key), everytime I do a question mark on chat, it pops up the console. Might be a regional issue. I'm using Turkish Q. I solved it by binding the console to another key.
    This is a know problem, and is a bug related regional language keybourds. For instance the scandiavian ÆØÅ have there letters on the keybourd aswell, so whatever is on thoes keys normaly, is switched around to ctrl+ shift+

• TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    turtal wrote: »

Binding the console to another key prevents the console opening when I hit the media key. Thanks for the advice :p