Camo and Silence suck now?

12346»

Comments

• MyyrsMyyrs Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183676Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Camo is still easy to use and it's not difficult to get marines melee range :/ you just can't run towards marine that plain now :I you must be more trickier. This camo update is one of the best updates in a while and from my point of wiew it's now as it should have always been.
  • WoollySammothWoollySammoth Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183062Members
    edited March 2013
    I've not been playing the game very long; only about 40 hours; only on gorgeous and the patch before. So i don't know about a lot of the things that have been tried and abandoned previously so sorry if this has been thunk up before.

Would it be possible to have the map start out with all rooms with unbuilt power nodes in the back-up red light stage, with the lights only fully coming on once the power node is built? My idea with this is that the extra darkness will be a benefit to camo, and the rooms are more likely to be dark earlier on in the game thus increasing the worth of taking shade as an early hive.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    tarquinbb wrote: »
    Zenn3k wrote: »
    Its already worthless. I laugh at aliens slowly walking towards me thinking their 80% cloak isn't 100% visible.

that's kinda like saying a bicycle is worthless because you can't use it for transatlantic transport.

That's the worst analogy ever.

that's the point.
  • GoOtterGoGoOtterGo Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183667Members
    Myyrs wrote: »
    Camo is still easy to use and it's not difficult to get marines melee range :/ you just can't run towards marine that plain now :I you must be more trickier. This camo update is one of the best updates in a while and from my point of wiew it's now as it should have always been.

But you already had to be sly as an alien player. 'Bridging the gap' is a crucial element to alien effectiveness, and so if Marines see you coming at 5 meters or 50 metres, cloaked or not, they have the advantage because that's how they're designed to be played, to see target from distance then kill target from distance.

The old camo was (at least how I saw it) a mid-to-late game skill that, when Marines finally acquired their heaviest weaponry, made bridging the gap as easy as it needed to be to get into a position where you can take down an armour 3/weapon 3 Marine.

The new camo makes it so you still need to play how you would without camo, but are given a slight handicap, which seems to've weakened the skill quite a bit.

I think more consideration needs to be taken when comparing late-game 0 res Alien units vs. late-game 0 res Marine units when deciding if the alien's best method for 1-on-1'ing a 3/3 Marine should be nerfed.

That said, a Lurk with old camo/regen, if played well, would never die. That's a harassment/pusher unit that is very much a show of how [perhaps] over-powered the old camo was, but only for that unit in that example. Late-game Skulks need the old camo fairly badly.