The custom map jambi from the alien commander perspective

deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
edited March 2013 in NS2 General Discussion

Come check out our Chicago server to check this map out! It's in our standard rotation along with descent. We also have triad, icarus, and skyfalls that will be available by "votemap" once ns2stats is playing nice with build 240.

Comments

• CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Thanks for running these maps! I had a chance to play on a few of them, lots of fun. I wish more server ops would make them available.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    deathmonger:

Jambi is very good and easy has some of the better balance for customs

Only downside is that it's fairly easy for marines to lock aliens on the top half of the map
    Those heavy chokes points aside the map plays out very nicely

Could be a even more fun now that GTs are available
  • deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
    No problem! I've always been a big supporter of the custom map community, but it's hard to convince people to try new things sometimes. That's why I want to make more videos like this to give people a glimpse at it and maybe peak their interest.

I see what you mean about the choke points, I know we had a hard time getting out of Bay Wing and into Trash Ejection, but it's definitely doable. It's such a big map that I think it's hard for the Marines to lock all of those points down at once. xtc (one of the creators) has been awesome about fixing things quickly, but I think there needs to be a lot more games played on the map before we bug him about those points. I'll point him in the direction of this thread in any case though.