Group Stage 1 - Round 1: Breakfast Klub vs vetus
Group Stage 1 - Round 2: Archaea vs Godar
Group Stage 1 - Round 3: Damage Networks vs Saunamen

Group Stage 1 - Round 1: Archaea vs All-In
Group Stage 1 - Round 3: Nexzil vs Breakfast Klub

Group Stage 1 - Round 3: coolclan vs Be BAGUETTE myfriend

for more information go to http://www.ensl.org/

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'm also going to be streaming the Round 2: Nexzil vs vetus match shortly:

I'm testing out streaming at 1080p, so please bear with me for any stream lag.
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    i skipped through about 3-4 streams in increments of 5 minutes and not a single streamer used first person spectate

do people actually watch these? edit: unless there's some kind of bug that prevents it, of course.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    The first person spectate is not very accurate and presents such a narrow view of the game that it wouldn't be an effective casting POV for more than a few seconds.
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    GORGEous wrote: »
    The first person spectate is not very accurate and presents such a narrow view of the game that it wouldn't be an effective casting POV for more than a few seconds.
    excactly. fps is almost useless and it looks off when you use it because of the ~1 sec delay.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    I prefer the top down view anyway.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Well this wasn;t updated, right?

Wasabi keeps giving the results away.

Oh well it's an indie developer...
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    dat introduction of a broken feature.

it might be a bit narrower, but I can guarantee you you're (the streamers) are missing out on viewers due to the lack of FPS. I can guarantee that because I already know seven people that I have talked to, all of which are at a top level of another FPS and former NS1, who refuse to play this game due to a "murder of the gameplay". Guess what they say when I link them a stream in attempt to change their mind, and ultimately makes them stop watching as soon as I respond? "Why are they primarily using top-down view?" Top down should be supplementing first-person, not the other way around.

kind of a rant, a pointless one at that considering the feature is broken anyway. edit: in the end, there should just be at least one competent streamer using FPS. I watch streams to see player's aim. I watch it to see them clutch something. I was actually kind of excited to see this tournament because it would be the first time I can actually see how great, or not so, the top NS2 players aim. welp.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    i skipped through about 3-4 streams in increments of 5 minutes and not a single streamer used first person spectate

do people actually watch these? edit: unless there's some kind of bug that prevents it, of course.
    I've been trying to capture the first person view of a good marine or alien player in action, but the timing is difficult. Ideally, I would switch quickly from the overhead to first person spec right before say a good fade enters combat, but the interface doesn't make this transition easy (e.g. it goes to the last person you 1st person specced, rather than the closest player from the overhead view, so I have to cycle through the players to get the view I want).
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    I'm not sure how it currently works but you should be able to go to first person spectate by doubleclicking the players in the sides of the topdown spectator view. That could make it easier for spectators to get the view they want.
  • fourgorgestwoskulksfourgorgestwoskulks Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183568Members
    edited March 2013
    I personally prefer the top down view, given that first person view gives such a limited perspective on the overall action and isn't even really accurate enough to showcase good aim, etc. Even if timed perfectly, for me it adds very little to the viewing experience. It seems like a lot of casters could get a lot better at following the action in top down mode as well. Even on the official stream they often randomly go following single marines while key battles are taking place, which as a viewer is infuriating.