Do people tend to avoid modded servers?

deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
edited March 2013 in Server Discussion
I've noticed that when my server shows up as non-modded it seems to fill more quickly. Why is this? I like to run NS2Stats because it's the easiest mod I've found to get set up that provides a votemap feature and the ability to customize the welcome message. I tried to get Shine to work, but it never wanted to work right for me. As a further problem, I can't even add a custom map to the rotation without my server showing up as modded...that's something I find pretty unfair. If a server showing up as modded is such a deterrent then I think what qualifies as a modded server should be reevaluated. If it doesn't have a fundamental effect on how the game is played then that should not count as a modded server. NS2Stats is one such mod that doesn't effect game play. Combat and that res for kills junk? Yea, that's something that needs to be flagged.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Its more that people prefer to join populated servers first, so you typically need to seed a server regularly to get it filled (unless its one of those 24/7 filled servers). Would love a better solution when dealing with modded servers (as the current system is easily evadable and punishing to proper server modding).
  • deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members
    My server has been getting better about filling up, but I'm looking to have one of those 24/7 filled servers since my work schedule sucks. Such as right now...I just got off of work and I'm getting ready to go to bed, but my server is filled AND on Jambi! I'm happy for these things, but I want it to be filled when I can play too lol
  • deathmongerdeathmonger Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153953Members