What Exactly Are Babblers For?

2»

Comments

• SchleppySchleppy Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155181Members
    At the very least they need to refund their cost if they de-spawn on their own. That's not unreasonable or game-breaking.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    timers definitely have to go
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    get rid of timer, increase their cost and make them more useful/ agressive, currently they are still useless and i would rather make them expensive and useful than inexpensive and useless.
  • yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
    The architect deemed they babble unrelentingly. That is their purpose
  • paologerochipaologerochi Join Date: 2010-04-25 Member: 71534Members
    edited March 2013
    I don't really see a purpose for blabblers. :(
  • ToastieToastie Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167351Members
    Regarding the timers:

I believe the despawn timer is there partly to deal with what to do with babblers if the gorge dies.

And the hop off timer is pretty necessary IMO, I just don't think it is remotely reasonable to be able to easily set up several fades and gorges with +180 hp / + 30 armor, and then just stroll about the map like that until you find something to attack.
  • Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Toastie wrote: »
    Regarding the timers:

I believe the despawn timer is there partly to deal with what to do with babblers if the gorge dies.

And the hop off timer is pretty necessary IMO, I just don't think it is remotely reasonable to be able to easily set up several fades and gorges with +180 hp / + 30 armor, and then just stroll about the map like that until you find something to attack.

It can just be like the old hydras when they died after a gorge died and didn't re-evolve as a gorge.

And what's unreasonable about it? It's the player's pres and the mechanic is just annoying and inconvenient. I can agree that if babblers are made more useful, then the pres cost should go up, but imho, babblers should stay on the alien until 1) killed 2) told to jump off via bait ball or 3) despawn after the gorge dies and doesn't re-evolve.