Should I get a Logitech G400 to replace my Razer Deathadder 1800?

2»

Comments

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited April 2013
    The deathadder 2013 is an improvement over the 1800/3.5g. I believe it's using the latest avago sensor and one of the few gaming mice to have no positive/negative acceleration what so ever (tested and confirmed myself and by others)

Also it has no positive/negative acceleration, while one of the mice I used from logitech had positive accel in the sensor.

However never having used the g400, I can't say anything about it.

But just letting you know the deathadder 2013 is an incredible mouse, just install the driver, throw it into 400 dpi @ 1000hz, and you're good to go.

However if you're more of a casual gamer, then by all means get whatever you want. If you're into competitive fps, then you're limited to a certain set of mice unless you're ok with negative/ positive acceleration. (I personally am not as it messes with muscle memory and causes overshots or undershots)
  • 0ni0ni Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156991Members
    I'm using a G400 right now that Frothy Beverage gave me, I was using a Razer Lachesis before that. I found the lachesis to be really uncomfortable so the first thing I noticed was the non-shittyness from an ambidex mouse. It has a lot more pad drag but I find it to be helpful; the extra drag helps me feel where the mouse is going a little better and smooths out the low-mid DPI. I personally don't use the DPI buttons on the mouse because I like just one setting for everything so that I can get used to it. The buttons are programmable though, so it's effectively an 8 button mouse, more then enough really. The mouse is well suited to fingertip and and palm styles. I use a light palm/low claw style with medium sized hands and find it very comfortable. For a full on claw style a steeper back might be preferred.

I highly recommend it over the lachesis, that thing blows.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    g400 all the way baby
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    I edited the first post - I bought the g400 and it is really good. I like that I can change DPI while in game if I play on different sides. It also feels better than the deathadder 1800 dpi version.
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    Logitech is great. I still use my G5, which is a 2500 DPI version of basically the same mouse. It was Cnets editors choice.... 6 years ago! Still works great, still pwn n00bs with it. DPI switch still works.

Only thing is after years of heavy use, the scroll wheel is kinds messed up. And I've got the single thumb button version. I'm thinking about replacing this beast finally, may go g400.

IMG_20130402_131308.jpg
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Khaze wrote: »
    Razer breaks down. Mice, keyboards, headsets - it's all worthless. You're paying for nothing but the gaming brand and getting a product of awful quality in return. Their older stuff was decent, but anything released in the last year or two is not worth buying.

Buy a Logitech. Seriously. Longer warranties too.

No kidding. I thought I was seriously cursed when my razer copperhead broke, got a replacement which broke. Went to death adder broke in six months, second improved deathadder broke by a year. I guess the deaths for these mouses just kept adding up hahadf ahara sda. Anyways then I got a G9X and have never looked back. Idk why I took so much punishment. I guess I liked the pretty light effects.
  • tortoiserodenttortoiserodent Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184634Members
    Fule wrote: »
    sLogitech seems to have rubber grips and this razer does not and it gets slippery and messy all the time - what do you think?
    Bought G400.

I have the G500 and it's lasted me for over 2 years without any issue. Best gaming mouse out there IMHO.
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
    that exists? what?
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited April 2013
    Absolutely hate the g400. Had 3 of them all break in a bit over a years time (not each, consecutively). Just bought a Deathadder a couple months ago, thing is built much better and is also more comfortable.

The main problem with the g400 is that the cable connection at the front of the mouse is extremely fragile. One good tug when the chord catches on something can loosen the connection in the mouse so that it goes compltely dead intermittently (or permanently, if you do enough damage). The Deathadder has a reinforced piece there and a much sturdier cable.

I also prefer the Deathadder's shape. While they are both the same size at the extremes, the deathadder has a much steeper angle on the back of the mouse, which means that it does not force itself up into my palm. The buttons also are more effective further back on the mouse, where only the tips of the g400 buttons could be used without a great deal of force.

Both mice have shitty wheels that sometimes register before they click and sometimes take two clicks to register once.
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
    yeah i like the deathadder a lot much better than any mouse i've used before
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    4 years old my G9x is now. The thumb buttons don't respond and changing DPI on the fly is a chore due to difficult to press buttons on the top. Still, it's got smooth movement and responsive to my input so I don't think I'll be getting a new mouse until it actually breaks... which the most important parts of the mouse (feet, sensor and left,right,middle buttons) have not done so yet.

I would have said do not get the g400, but oh well, too late.