240: enemy (Marine?) building stays on minimap after vision is lost

hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
edited March 2013 in Technical Support
Quite regularly since build 240, some enemy building that has been seen once by your team will stay on the minimap even though your team doesn't have vision any longer.

I can't reproduce it, but it happens nearly every game, as far as I remember it's only singular Marine structures (especially comm stations) that I can see on the map as Alien player.

It may be related to buildings that were attacked by other players who I spectated attacking these particular buildings while dead.

Comments

• sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    Had a spur showing up on my map permanently after I personally attacked it last game. Sounds like the bug isn't alien specific.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yeah I've seen this bug around, random buildings show forever until they are destroyed.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    At least once I know it was a building that I've definitely never "seen" myself.

Given how this appeared in 240, which also had the new spectator system, I guess it's related to that.

1. You die
    2. You spectate someone else
    3. You see that player having vision/attacking/??? a building
    4. the game thinks YOU have seen that building, even though you only spectated someone else
    5. you respawn, the game never thinks you stopped seeing that building
    6. so that building is shown on your (or everyone's, I don't know) minimap
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    It is known, fyi.
    Thanks!