Build 242 Live on Steam - Natural Selection 2

13»

Comments

• kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2013
    kalakuja wrote: »
    can't enzume. can't use hivespikes. Hive doesn't show up in scans.
    OVERALL NICE EFFORT!

What? I was able to enzyme mist/nutrient mist last night, and bone wall worked fine.

This in ensl setup. The only that matters. They promote competetive game but don't bother to support competetive mods.
    "after launch mods will not break"
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Kamamura wrote: »
    Ad babblers - if you remove the timer on babblers, evident problems will emerge, like increasing number of babblers eventually clogging the network connections to clients. If you remove the timer, you must introduce "max babblers in game" parameter that will result in messages like "sorry, no more babblers possible to spawn, limit reached". It seems much worse to me.

The limit is set by the player (9). Removing a timer on babblers has nothing to do with the max number you can have in a game.
  • YoungTrotskyYoungTrotsky Join Date: 2007-03-09 Member: 60307Members
    can't enzume. can't use hivespikes. Hive doesn't show up in scans.
    OVERALL NICE EFFORT!

What? I was able to enzyme mist/nutrient mist last night, and bone wall worked fine.

This in ensl setup. The only that matters. They promote competetive game but don't bother to support competetive mods.
    "after launch mods will not break"

Why are you being so judgmental, do you think that will make people want to help you more? Because I don't think it will. You should just try to explain what the problem is and how to fix it (if you know). This game is developed by a very small and hard-working team, they can't test each patch against every possible server set-up. They rely on the community being helpful in identifying problems that occur when the build goes from the small group of playtesters to the much larger general player population. So when you just yell at them for breaking something, you are not helping anyone.
  • Marshall_DrumminMarshall_Drummin Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174115Members
    Great patch and great job dev team! Make tracers rookie mode ;)
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Dat marine minimap... does not look good with the rest of the hud.

Also, it feels like hydras are weaker now? Or is it just me?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2013
    I know a few others who are also having that problem @YoungTraotsky. Infestation doesn't appear excect for a streak through the crosshair.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    A fix is beeing worked on for the infestation.
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    Great patch UWE. Performance is much better!
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey good job guys! Games running good :)
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    What the hell did you do to my NS2??
    Performance improvements? What were you thinking?

Well, great patch, game feels awesome and the green infestation on the minimap looks really nice. plus we finally see red blinking teammates.

Thanks!
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Yes, I have finally found servers where latency is tolerable, and the performance does seem improved, I even re-enabled ambient occlusion. So, well done after all!
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Really fantastic performance boost with this build. Great work!