Babblers usefulness

13»

Comments

• current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Have you tried using the bait ball recently rant? I have found the hit scan bait ball rather easy to use since they changed it. Though, you still need to have them stop and give time for the babblers to attach.

As for the clog issue the time delay that was added while it is sort of a pita isn't nearly as bad as the bug where you need to get ontop of your clog wall and jump to be able to stack clogs properly. It's very broken.
  • Dunning_KrugerDunning_Kruger Join Date: 2013-04-10 Member: 184730Members
    Babblers should be free.
  • AlregardAlregard Join Date: 2012-08-30 Member: 156903Members
    How about that change:
    As soon Babblers are attached to some alien, they become permanent (still easily killable ofc) and they dont count anymore, so the gorge can make new babblers. With this change, one gorge can babbel the whole team, as long as he has res.
    I know that would be an alienbuff, but this would be a new aliensided teamworking factor.
    Thoughts?
  • TyrsisTyrsis Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8804Members
    Remove their DPS against marines as the passive DPS is a bit useless. Make them attach to marines and act like a parasite that doesn't go away until shot off.
  • PaLaGiPaLaGi Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63331Members, Constellation
    I always thought it was kinda stupid I could kill a gorge without killing all their babblers that were attached to them. I would just end up thinking to myself " well those things were pretty useless for that player". At least carapace is an upgrade that makes it noticeable harder to kill them.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    PaLaGi wrote: »
    At least carapace is an upgrade that makes it noticeable harder to kill them.

Gorge with carapace is borderline OP :(
  • CD121CD121 Join Date: 2013-04-04 Member: 184635Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Babblers are virtually useless, attacking and defending. I have completely stopped using them altogether. That big bright bait ball moves so slowly that marines who see it can just get out of dodge before the babblers even get remotely close; just as well, it has such a short lob distance that a marine will be showering your face in bullets before you can land it at their feet.

I would rather save the res to get a higher lifeform one tick sooner.

With how they are currently, they are only applicable when you want that slightly extra bit of building damage. This is why i think they should be free. Babblers should only cost res if they can actually be both relevant in combat situations AND reliable to use.
    Nine babblers? No thanks. This hydra's got my back.