Advanced technique tips?

joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
edited April 2013 in Competitive Play
I've played a few pickup games and encountered some of the pros and I just cannot seem to come close to matching their abilities with Lerk, Fade, or Marine aim. I'm just wondering if there are any advanced training videos out there that show how these guys are able to do such incredible things like a fade who is basically invulnerable due to constant blink/ shadow step and can only be hit for a split second while he swipes your back, or a Lerk who moves so erratic you cannot possibly hit him yet he lands every bite / spike. How do they do this? I was playing with mid skilled players who wipe in pubs and the best any of us could hope for was simply to damage them slightly so they decide to go heal, there was no hope to kill them even with shotguns. And that was without the rest of the team skulking us. Once they would organize a team push we were done for.

As aliens, I could barely get a kill in until we got cara + leap. A vanilla skulk felt like it was impossible to kill these marines as they simply did not miss a single bullet, ever. The very second I land my first bite they 180 and lock onto me, at that point no amount of juking would break their aim, I think the only time I got kills is when they were distracted shooting at my teammates. 1 on 1 I had zero chance at killing these guys even when I properly ambushed them.

I want to get better but honestly it feels futile when I play these guys. I'm a long time PC gamer so I'm not new to this type of stuff, and I've got probably 600 hours between NS1 and NS2 now so its not like I just bought the game either.

So what am I doing wrong? Or, what are these guys doing right? Everyone just says to 'practice' but honestly I feel like I need to see how its done in order to practice how to do it. Does anyone have any first person / twitch.tv recordings of some pros wrecking people like this?

Comments

• statikgstatikg Join Date: 2012-09-19 Member: 159978Members
    edited April 2013

This is prtty much the only good player who has put out a signification number of fp videos of their play. Unfortunately for learning to fade really well, eissfeldt mains as a lerk altho he does fade here and there.

Another way to learn is to join the ENSL gather servers and just first person spec the good players. You can't quiet see how they aim, but you can see how they position themselves, and how they move in combat, which is the trickier stuff to learn anyway.

The gather server passwords are all either america or europe.