Been seeing a lot of Trolls lately?

13»

Comments

• ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    He is the troll, if you hadn't noticed IronHorse. If you look into it, you will see there is an entire forum of old ns1 players devoted to hating ns2. Its one of the more pathetic things on the internet, after bronies.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I think the label 'troll' is rather pointless. It gives them some special name with which everyone can identify. In truth, they're just asocial and/or antisocial cretins. The people you ignore on the street because, quite frankly, they don't deserve your attention.

And this is the way most of us view them on the internet - they're just morons and we don't concern ourselves with them.

There are of course people who rise to the 'trolling,' hence it can be seen as a problem.

In real life, rather than having speak to one of these cretinous lumps who just gets a kick out of being controversial or argumentative, most of us would just avoid that situation 'Oh, it's that guy, he's a total nob with no friends, I don't think I'll bother going to that.' The equivalent in NS2 would be to leave the server rather than make a song and dance.

Server admins can of course kick the troll, as I did back when I ran the server. I never had an issue with recurring trolls back then, and I've not seen that problem now. But that's up to the server admin to do to protect their community, and most will do this nice and quietly with no fuss.

So yeah as I said before, I would feel sorry for these 'trolls,' but as they're so underwhelmingly insignificant humans in both real life and online, I really can't be bothered to feel anything about them.