Need help getting a multi-monitor setup to work!

MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
So right now I'm running 3 monitors in Eye-finity. The game supports multi-monitors standard but there is a stretching issue with my side 2 monitors. The displays everything perfect, no problems with start menu's or when I'm selecting a server. As soon as I load into game the middle monitor looks fine, but the side 2 monitors are stretched, making it a very weird perspective. I found one solution on here that offers a solution by changing .Lua files, but when I use that I no longer pass consistency checks with any server. Is there a way I can fix the stretching, without modifying system files. (and if I could add it to the list I would love for the HUD to be centered on the main screen instead of the far corners of my side screens)

Anyone have any fixes that have worked for them?

Comments

• rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    Probably not the answer since I'm just randomly shooting off the top of my head till I think a little more, but have you tried adjusting the Field of View in options?
  • MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
    Yeah Ive tried that, its just a distortion I believe due to the size im trying to stretch it to. Closest thing I've found to an answer is here.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/117176/x&mode=threaded

But thats a very old post, and it's no longer compatible with the current builds.
    This is the best example I can show you of the problem I'm having with the stretching issue, I'll link a video of a quick run through with it. Doesn't show the stretching as badly when I'm commanding, but the side screens are extremely magnified. Look at the size of the power node in the first one, and the comparison of the terminal in the second.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    That's pretty common with games and eyefinity, I experienced it in Chivalry, Deus Ex Human Revolution, and then my eyefinity setup was broken so I can no longer use it. Oh well.
    That'st literally no help! I appreicate the comment But i need people to fix this!
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Of course it helps, it helps accepting the fact that there are good chances that you won't be able to do anything about it, it's how Eyefinity work and unless the game supports it natively, it will stay this way.

Try to tilt your monitor, or wait for Uwe to "fix" it. I don't even think you can do a mod to fix that since it probably is managed by the engine.
    </3 I figured that may be the case. It's just annoying that there is a fix that works. But it stops me from verifying cache when im trying to join a game.
  • SKINZSKINZ Join Date: 2008-11-11 Member: 65422Members
    Montyp wrote: »
    Yeah Ive tried that, its just a distortion I believe due to the size im trying to stretch it to. Closest thing I've found to an answer is here.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/117176/x&mode=threaded

But thats a very old post, and it's no longer compatible with the current builds.

Sorry I haven't updated the mod in a while, got real busy at work and stopped playing for a bit. I'll play around with it again this weekend and see what I can come up with for build 250. :)
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    The so called "fish eye" view is semi-intentional. It is caused by the FoV. When you map a 3D view onto a 2D plane like your monitor, there's distortion of the image. This is amplified by increasing the 2D surface threefold in one plane (horizontal). A positive side effect is that things look just fine as long as you look at the center screen. The fish eye view is actually natural to our eyes as well. Our brains compensate for the effect, making things look normal. Hence, it shouldn't be an issue when you look at the center monitor all the time.

The only way I know of to manipulate the amount of distortion, is by changing FoV. See this link for more info.

If not that, I can imagine that there are other ways to manipulate it, but I'm not familiar with it.

Nice mod there @SKINZ. I'll definitely download it once you updated it. I've asked Sewlek about adding this in the past, but it was never a priority, since so few people use eyefinity/triplehead.

• SKINZSKINZ Join Date: 2008-11-11 Member: 65422Members
    Something I'm having trouble understanding in the Lua code is how to implement a framework that allows me to extend the existing code from UWE. The problem I keep running into, and it sounds like the same for almost every other modder, is that when UWE releases a new version of the game it overwrites their changes and breaks their mods.

Has anyone come up with an ingenious way to keep their mod from breaking when new versions of the game are released?