Your game files do not match the servers....

2»

Comments

• edgsydedgsyd Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187289Members
    ho i think it's working....
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • edgsydedgsyd Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187289Members
    yes it works thanks
  • JonofwrathJonofwrath Exeter, Uk Join Date: 2013-11-07 Member: 189145Members
    I have the same problem as the OP.

I haven't changed anything; not added any mods etc etc - the day before it was working fine. Now I get a message that the...well - see above.

I cba to mess about with it. I'm just posting so that the devs (if they care) know that it's affecting...one more person and will hopefully sort it via a patch through Steam.

Regards.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @jonofwrath

There will be no patch if there's no information from you or others on what is occurring. You are the only one who has reported this in over a month of it being fixed, so if you cannot be asked to diagnose the issue a bit, then i'm afraid there will be no action taken on this end as we are not able to reproduce it like you are.
    Take care
  • simple_simple_ Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188102Members
    edited November 2013
    I get randomly kick from servers with this message since 259.
    It happens not on every server but on about half on them and not only to me. Right after the update it happend alot, so half the server got kicked. Now it happens every few hours.
    It happens to other guys too, I got told.
    I could not make out any pattern what so ever, why or when this was happening.
  • xenom[GER]xenom[GER] Join Date: 2011-05-05 Member: 97293Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Hey all,
    I got the same problem as simple_.
    We played on the same server today and both of us dropped out from time to time. I could reproduce the problem: I played gorge. The error occured whenever I tried to place a clog. Right after placing the clog (the model appeared), I got the black loading screen (with the spinning icon). A few seconds later I'm back at the main menu, displaying the error message ("Your game files do not match the servers...").
    I own the shadow tier and tried to place a shadow clog, but switching from shadow gorge to normal gorge didn't resolve the problem.
    Don't know what percentage of servers this error occurs. The problem also doen't seem to be map specific.

[edit] the server was called "# Pew Pew Server [GER/ENG] (rookie friendly)"
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    xenom[GER] wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I got the same problem as simple_.
    We played on the same server today and both of us dropped out from time to time. I could reproduce the problem: I played gorge. The error occured whenever I tried to place a clog. Right after placing the clog (the model appeared), I got the black loading screen (with the spinning icon). A few seconds later I'm back at the main menu, displaying the error message ("Your game files do not match the servers...").
    I own the shadow tier and tried to place a shadow clog, but switching from shadow gorge to normal gorge didn't resolve the problem.
    Don't know what percentage of servers this error occurs. The problem also doen't seem to be map specific.

[edit] the server was called "# Pew Pew Server [GER/ENG] (rookie friendly)"

There is a issue known in the current build, which kicks you if you have the shadow gorge skin avaible.A hotfix is to enable this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191479418 . If you play on servers with samus game impovement mod you shouldn't get kicked either.
  • simple_simple_ Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188102Members
    There is a issue known in the current build, which kicks you if you have the shadow gorge skin avaible.
    I don't have the shadow gorge. Maybe that are to separate issues?

• UrbanMuslimUrbanMuslim Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187160Members
    I have been having this or a similar problem since the last two patches. It will work for a while then basically after a map change the server wont let me join back in with "Your files do not match the servers". I could some times fix this by turning on and off a mod. Seems to happen mostly to my crosshair mods. Once this starts happening I can some times join other servers but it is kinda intermittent. Then if I log on later in the day when it will work for a while, then stop again. I can basically play 1-2 rounds then it blocks me from the server.

Now I have tried deleting all of my workshop files and folders and tried using other mods but it would only work for a little while. At this point in time it does it for every server and I dont even have anymods or files.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @urbanmuslim
    You need to actually unsubscribe from those mods through steam, since every time you start NS2, it will redownload and therefore repopulate your Workshop folder.
    Be sure to "Deactivate" it first from the mod menu in NS2 though.
    Finally hammer the nail in the coffin by then deleting the workshop folder and disabling steam cloud.

Now see if you have that problem.
    If so, post your log.txt here directly afterwards, or grab a screenshot (f12 key) of the console (~ key)
    Thanks