How fast is your skulk?

DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
Ok.. correct me if I am wrong but.

A normal skulk seems to run around 7.
A celerity skulk seems to do around 8.
My walljump skulk usually does 8.ish while very rarely breaking 9 and even 10 once. (probably downward speed combined)

When I walljump as a celerity skulk, debugger speed shows im slowing down. not gaining speed. (air friction I guess?)
So how fast can you lot go?

you can check on a listenserver with debugspeed 1.

Nice to compare how my speed skills (or lack thereof) compare to some of you here. :)

Comments

• XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    Celerity should be 9, thread done to death ages ago showing I think patch 244 totally shit on wall jumping and its speed gain, tested along the back wall of Cargo in ns_veil. Dude in 243 was showing constantly achievable speeds of 10-13, 244 showed him struggling to 10 and hovering on 9.

On a good run through north/hub/south in tram I can get to 10-11 but it's hardly maintainable, suffers the same problem the balance mod bhop does, as soon as you need to turn you lose all speed making it some straight line pointless endeavor.

Matso said there's some error with celerity skulk and it only adds a 13% speed gain instead of its 30% speed gain causing jumps to slow down, I'm not sure if that's correct even tho it is matso and he drops nothing but knowledge because in game the first 2-3 walljumps with celerity add 0 speed gain and then add up incrementally like normal, it seems like regardless of celerity the walljump mechanic starts adding run speed at 7 instead of 9 so your first 3 jumps are worthless.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    yup. I read what Matso said.
    This topic is more the goal of seeing how fast folk can go with what we got at the moment.

yeh, could be 9 on celerity. my memory is bad XD
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    There used to be a time where speed bursts up to 24-30 was commonplace :P
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    ye gods.. 30.

Still not completely on topic now is it. :p
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    Could the debugspeed command give you any advantage of some sort when playing? It's allowed only when cheats are enabled (so in practice, only on your local host) but I'm thinking, does it have to?
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    wallhop is brown and boring.
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    No cele skulk should be able to go at 8-10 speed when wall jumping.
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    There used to be a time where speed bursts up to 24-30 was commonplace :P

I remember when I almost got banned by UWE officials for suggesting that certain players may be exploiting the walljump system.

• _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    |strofix| wrote: »
    ...suggesting...

You sure about dat? :P
  • |strofix||strofix| Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165453Members
    _Necro_ wrote: »
    |strofix| wrote: »
    ...suggesting...

You sure about dat? :P

Speed gains from the same surface have been substantially reduced since that fateful post. Gaining large speed increases from walljumping the same surface was an exploit, plain and simple. I was right, they were wrong.
    I give up.
    this got way to off topic.
    thanks anyway